Website Think Digital Group
We create digital solutions to improve research, communication and education for the global asset management industry.
About the role
Due to continued global growth and expansion into new markets we are expanding our team.
As a senior PHP developer you will be helping to lead development on a range of exciting projects including both existing and new products. You will be maintaining our Media Manager platform, a well established technical solution underpinning the online media for several big name customers as well as our own global Asset TV platform. You will also be working on our next generation media publishing and distribution platform. You’ll be working with a range of technologies including Laravel, MongoDB, Symfony and Drupal and MySQL.
Working under the Head of Technology you will be helping to drive forward our product development, delivering cutting edge technical solutions to keep us at the forefront of online media streaming and ensuring our platform remains stable and constantly evolving.
We follow agile principles and all opinions matter equally, from our junior developers right up to our Head of Technology. This is a real opportunity for an ambitious developer to help shape the future of a successful and growing product in an established team.
About the candidate
- A desire to create best-in-class products and stay on top of the latest web trends and technologies.
- A positive attitude and love working with a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple projects with strict deadlines.
- High level of self management and organisational skills.
- 3+ years’ experience in the software or website development industry
- Experience building robust, scalable web applications
- Object Orientated PHP5+ and PHP MVC Frameworks (Laravel and/or Symfony)
- Both NoSQL and MySQL database technology. (we use MongoDB and MySQL)
- Experience writing and optimising SQL queries using both PDO and abstraction layers such as Eloquent and Doctrine
- Exposing authenticated RESTful APIs to consumers and consuming APIs from third parties.
- Caching technologies such as Redis and Memcached
- Implementing queues and service workers with Redis/Beanstalkd/SQS etc
- Knowledge of Encoding technologies (Zencoder, Coconut.co)
- Knowledge of video player technologies (jwplayer, VideoJS)
- Experience with Docker and Microservice Architecture
- Experience with Unit Testing and TDD (SimpleTest/PHPUnit)
- Experience with Drupal 7/8
- Devops experience including Docker, Server Orchestration and Provisioning
What’s on offer
We work from a modern open-plan office in Harpenden (Hertfordshire) with great rail links to London St Pancras (20 minutes) and easy access to the A1 and M1. We choose to be here because it’s a collaborative environment and we don’t have to spend hours commuting!
- Market leading salary with regular reviews
- 29 days holiday, including your birthday and bank holidays
- A company contribution to your personal pension
- Access to further training
- PerkBox employee rewards (discounts on the high street and online)