Website Think Digital Group
We create digital solutions to improve research, communication and education for the global asset management industry.
About the role
Due to continued growth we have a fantastic opportunity for a talented and creative designer to join our growing team. Working alongside our in-house technology specialists you will create elegant, modern and beautiful design experiences for range of media including web, mobile, email and print.
You will report to the Head of Technology and be responsible for leading a small design unit to service the needs of the wider business; creating UX/UI designs for web and mobile applications, designing new microsites and landing pages and creating stunning digital assets for our range of platforms and sites.
You will also act as brand ambassador ensuring a consistently beautiful look across all our emails, videos and print.
About the candidate
You have proven and demonstrable experience and you have the portfolio to prove it.
You will be comfortable pitching design ideas to the various stakeholders as well as project team. You can also tailor your message to their needs and knowledge.
- Solve complicated problems by applying user-centred thinking and logic.
- Challenge established thinking and come up with new design concepts in the business.
- Facilitate project discovery including: workshops, research, analysis, communication of the research findings and translating the research findings into actionable insight for design.
- Architect, articulate and execute design research methodologies.
- Map out customers experiences of using your products and services.
- Ideate and create UX deliverables such as user workflows, information architecture, wireframes and interactive prototypes.
- Consult key stakeholders across their business to understand their culture, capabilities and goals.
- Mentor, manage and inspire junior members of staff within your team and within the wider business.
- 5+ years relevant experience in digital design.
- A full understanding of graphic design, typography and digital standards.
- A strong appreciation of both UX and UI design principles as well as an understanding of user behaviour.
- Experience working in a multi-discipline design role creating outstanding best in class designs for a wide range of mediums including: print, email, web, mobile and desktop applications.
- Experience designing UX/UI for complicated web based administration applications such as user dashboards, content management systems and data heavy analytics systems.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools including Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. Sketch is our preferred tool and demonstrable experience is essential.
- Experience with wire-framing, prototyping and delivery tools such as Balsamiq, Adobe XD, Invision and Zeplin.
- An expert understanding of the trends in web design/online marketing.
- Designing for a range of devices following responsive web design principles.
- Understanding of web accessibility standards and cross browser considerations.
- Great energy.
- Proactive, self-starter and a good team player.
What’s on offer
We work from a modern open-plan office in Harpenden (Hertfordshire) with great rail links to London St Pancras (20 minutes) and easy access to the A1 and M1. We choose to be here because it’s a collaborative environment and we don’t have to spend hours commuting!
- Market leading salary with regular reviews
- 29 days holiday, including your birthday and bank holidays
- A company contribution to your personal pension
- Access to further training
- PerkBox employee rewards (discounts on the high street and online)