Website Think Digital Group
We create digital solutions to improve research, communication and education for the global asset management industry.
About the role
Due to continued global growth and expansion into new markets we are expanding our team.
As front end developer you will be leading the development on a range of exciting projects including both existing and new products. You will be building decoupled application interfaces using client side frontend frameworks such as React and Angular, native mobile applications using React Native and developing our next generation media distribution platform.
Working under the Head of Technology you will be helping to drive forward our product development, delivering cutting edge technical solutions to keep us at the forefront of online media streaming and delivery, ensuring our platform remains stable and constantly evolving.
We follow agile principles and all opinions matter equally, from our junior developers right up to our Head of Technology. This is a real opportunity for an ambitious developer to help shape the future of a successful and growing product in an established team.
About the candidate
- A desire to create best-in-class products and stay on top of the latest web trends and technologies.
- A positive attitude and love working with a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple projects with strict deadlines.
- High level of self management and organisational skills.
- 2+ years’ experience in the software or website development industry
- Experience building robust, scalable web applications
- Respect of industry-accepted standards, specifications and best practices
- Ability to learn new development techniques as needed
- Keen interest in learning new technologies and languages
- Ability to work on a number of projects at a single time
- CSS preprocessors (SCSS, Sass or Less)
- Writing semantic HTML5 code
- Package management via NPM
- Testing frameworks (Karma, Jasmine)
- Experience with JWPlayer or other online media player libraries
- GIT – Experience with version control use and workflows is essential
- Understanding of 3rd party API integration, ability to consume RESTful APIs
- Test Driven Development
- CSS methodologies (BEM, ITCSS)
What’s on offer
We work from a modern open-plan office in Harpenden (Hertfordshire) with great rail links to London St Pancras (20 minutes) and easy access to the A1 and M1. We choose to be here because it’s a collaborative environment and we don’t have to spend hours commuting!
- Market leading salary with regular reviews
- 29 days holiday, including your birthday and bank holidays
- A company contribution to your personal pension
- Access to further training
- PerkBox employee rewards (discounts on the high street and online)