Asset TV is the world’s leading online video research and learning platform for investment professionals with offices in London, New York and San Francisco and growing fast. Right now, we need an enthusiastic Business Development Manager to join our successful sales team in a support role. If you’re looking for a platform to build your sales experience in the digital and asset management space, please read on.
About the role
As the Business Development Manager (BDM) you will work with senior marketers at leading UK asset management firms to provide digital solutions for video and content distribution. You are working closely together with Sales, Editorial and Marketing teams to build and execute the defined plan. If you have a passion for technology and an interest financial services, combined with large organisation/enterprise technology sales, we want to talk with you.
The BDM will be a player/coach role. The role is responsible for designing, building and executing Asset.tv’s lead generation strategy for the global asset management sector. The ideal candidate has experience working as a lead generator, and managing a lead generation team. The BDM will be experienced researching market trends, targeting relationships and using proven methods to both develop and execute our business strategy. The BDM possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills, a focus on organisation, and enhanced multitasking abilities.
- Player/Coach role, managing a team (20% of time) building a qualified sales pipeline (80% of time)
- Understand the target markets, including industry, company, company contacts and which market strategies can be used to attract clients within the UK
- Research prospective accounts in targeted markets
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to ensure that requirements are met
- Maintain relationships with current clients and identify new prospects within the area you have been assigned
- Possess a strong understanding of our products, our competition in the industry and positioning
- Follow the latest industry developments and stay up-to-date on competitors
- building positive relationships within the industry
- writing reports and making presentations to customers, partners, industry experts and senior management
- finding out what the local market needs and working with a team to plan positioning and pricing
- attending Industry events and conferences
- driving attendance to internally run customer/prospect events
- writing reports and making presentations to prospects, customers and senior management
- identifying new methods and opportunities for successful campaigns
Your key tasks will include:
- Developing and training a small team to hit the pipeline target
- Prospecting current non-user accounts and develop new relationships
- Working alongside the Sales Managers to support existing customers
- Working with Sales Managers to agree a territory plan
- Build rapport with customers and listen to their feedback
- Participate in team sales meetings & share product/market knowledge beneficial to the rest of the team
- Supporting the sale of Asset TV digital solutions through a combination of phone calls and emails
- Maintaining accurate up to date records on Salesforce
- Fluency in oral and written communication in English
- Strong track record in business development via a structured approach.
- 3+ year(s) in software and/or financial services industry as a business developer
- Proven track record of building a satisfied, loyal customer base
- Experience selling into the financial sector and/or asset management market segments.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Proven success establishing strong relationships across all multiple functions.
- Proven ability to thrive in fast-paced, team-based environments.
- Highly collaborative and curious with a strong ability to learn and change often and quickly.
- Outstanding leadership qualities, a self-starter attitude and the ability to welcome, receive and action on feedback for continuous improvement.
- Strong operational and analytical abilities.
- Solid understanding of business value based selling.
- CRM experience, Salesforce.com is preferred.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- A genuine desire to develop a career in Sales
- A degree level education
- An interest in digital media, video, and a passion for the web
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have an inbuilt drive and determination to achieve goals and hit targets
What’s on offer?
- Great salary with regular reviews
- 21 days’ holiday, including your birthday
- A contributory company pension scheme
- PerkBox employee rewards (discounts on the high street and online)
- Access to training
- Fantastic office location opposite the Bank of England