Asset TV is the world’s leading online video research and learning platform for investment professionals, with operations in New York, London, Boston, Toronto and Cape Town.
Our New York office is growing fast, and right now, we are adding strong Business Development pros to our team! Our clients are highly demanding Asset Managers looking to us for our filming and digital media knowhow, so our service standards are always set to maximum.
About the role
This BD Manager is based at the company’s Midtown Manhattan office, created as a result of strong growth and is an exciting opportunity to be part of a successful global business with ambitious plans, well-established growth and strong future prospects.
Reporting to the Head of US Sales, you will focus on the development of new business opportunities and growth with key accounts.
It is essential to have at least 3 years proven sales experience, selling digital solutions, marketing services, conference services or video direct to the marketing departments of Investment Management companies. The successful candidate is currently working for a digital agency, which supports portfolio managers, a media company delivering online and conference services or a digital solutions company with products aligned to the investment Industry.
- Sales prospecting for new opportunities – by telephone, online and in-person meetings
- Close new sales prospects, with strong focus on meeting and exceeding monthly revenue and activity targets
- Enhance our reputation for a high level of responsiveness to client requests, focusing on time-sensitivity, quality and accuracy
- Effectively use Salesforce.com to record and manage your activity
- Collaborate with sales and operational teams to develop and execute strong sales campaigns
- Service and manage existing accounts, as back up to the team when needed
- Minimum 3 years proven sales experience, in digital / investment management environment
- Experience in targeted selling to the Asset Management industry is highly desirable
- MUST bring high activity, ambition and a competitive edge to your approach
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree level education
- An interest in digital media, video, and a passion for the web
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
Soft Skills Valued:
- Self-starter with strong work ethic, who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, is client-centric and a creative in finding sales solutions
- Team player who jumps right in to help solve a problem or support a colleague
- Professional, polished communicator, able to adapt and thrive with varied clients’ styles and priorities
Additional BD Hiring:
We are also seeking a more junior Business Development pro, at the Associate level, with 2-3 years sales experience, preferably in media agency or financial services environment. For the Agency sales role working knowledge of agency RFP process is an important component.
- Competitive compensation
- 17 days’ PTO plus your birthday off
- Strong suite of benefits through ADP TotalSource
- Fantastic office location in Midtown Manhattan, easy walk to Grand Central and subway
- Strong, supportive management team and collaborative, high energy sales colleagues to grow with
Compensation package dependent on experience
Our company is part of the Think Digital Group (www.thinkdigitalgroup.com), a fast-growing business delivering create digital solutions to improve research, communication and education for the global asset management industry. Our Brands include; Asset TV, Insure TV, FinTech TV and Akademia. We have operations in London, New York, Boston, Toronto and Cape Town.