The free global video research platform for investment professionals.
Asset TV is the world’s leading online video research and learning platform for investment professionals with offices in London, New York and San Francisco and growing fast. Right now, we are searching for an experienced and Business Development Specialist to lead our growth in the South African market.
400,000 advisers, pension funds, consultants, family offices and wealth managers across the globe trust us for their due diligence, validation, research and learning. In South Africa we have already secured approved CPD Partner status with the FPI and have an audience of some 5,000+ investment professionals who watch our news and research videos at www.assettv.co.za . Our plan is to build out our support to asset managers from here, to extend their reach and deliver the premier video platform for investment professionals across South Africa.
About the Role
Reporting to the Global CEO, you will be responsible for promoting and selling Asset TV’s video production and distribution services to the South African Investment Community. Key tasks of the role include:
- Working with the global COO to establish an ambitious business plan
- Meeting agreed business and sales objectives
- Regular briefings the global CEO
- Coordination of client pitches and proposals
- Attending and conducting client meetings, events, and presentations
- Ensuring quality of service to clients
- Researching, contacting and developing prospects into clients through telephone contact, online presentations and face to face meetings
- Coordinating operations support for filming and other services
- Analyzing and distributing monthly client reports, to identify trends and opportunities
Desired Skills & Experience
It is essential that the successful candidate is self-starter with experience of selling to Mutual Fund or Institutional contacts in the investment management industry. Key attributes should include:
- Being hungry, entrepreneurial and driven
- A successful sales and account management track record working in, or with, the Investment and wider financial services industry – dealing with clients at Exec level –selling ideas and negotiating project fees
- An inquisitive mind with an interest in digital and social media
- A detailed and analytical approach, with excellent organisational skills
- Flexibility to travel in RSA
- First class presentation and communication skills